Life is a journey...

When Life gives you thousand reasons to cry, Show the world that you have million reasons to smile

Friday, February 02, 2007

Visa Processing

December 5 -

My appointment was at 9 in the morning. Was a bit tensed. Not that I wanted the visa desperately but since my office was sponsoring for me, did not wanted it to get rejected. As suggested by my friend, reached the consulate at 8.30, joined the queque outside the consulate. At the appointment verification counter, the appointment letter(having the interview time and date) and passport was checked. On getting the clearance at the appointment verification counter, we entered the consulate. Once inside, security check of all the packets and bags was done. After security clearance, we entered another room, there we could see many queues. We were asked to join a big queue at another building. And then it was a long wait for us in the sun. (almost 1.15 hours). Inside we were asked to hand over the petition(I797), MRV slips, DS156, DS157, appointment sheet and business executive program letter. They returned the memos and xerox copies of documents.
We were asked to wait for our names to be called out. We were handed back the above documents. We then proceeded to the finger printing area where in our both index fingers were scanned (Came to know later that this prints are later matched to our finger prints on arrival in US at the port of entry). On getting the finger printing done, I was made to join a line for the actual interview for the visa. There were 3 more people before me. There was a glass partition between the consular and us and there were telephone receivers at both ends of the glass partitions. There was one lady before me who was denied the visa. This made me a bit doubtful if my visa would be approved. When i reached the consular, he saw the green folder of our office and asked me regarding how long i have been with the company, what is my client name, what is my project about. He then signed on the form and said that they would be posting the passport back to us and returned the petition(I797). He retained the DS156,DS157, BEP letter, appointment sheet.
That was it. The visa was approved. But there was no change in my feelings. I was neither excited nor sad. Maybe coz I was not able to decide if it was something to feel happy about.
I came out of the consulate. Saw bhayya outside the consulate. Was very happy on seeing him. The love that my family shows on me, I really don't know if Iam worthy of it but it feels nice to see so many people care about you. We called up mom, dad, daddu and allu to inform them about the visa getting approved. Then we had our lunch and went back to pack our luggage. We had our train at 4.
12 hours of the train journey is a very wrong decision. Everyone say they get Jetlag when they travel by plane but even train journeys give jetlags. :D
I was sleeping in the office for the next full week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home